AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Ensuring that Google Shopping sees Product Variations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have had a previous problem with Google Shopping not "seeing" variations of a parent product type i.e. different colors of one purse design, with the result that one variation got all the impressions (and usually the one that isn't the best seller).

we have set up "item group id"'s as recommended but in the Product List within Merchant Centre there is no filter to check this datataht I can find in the new beta.

How can I check that Google is "reading" the Item Group ID's please? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ensuring that Google Shopping sees Product Variations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Go to Google Merchant Center > Products > List > select the product > scroll to the bottom to find product info.

Google Shopping by no means guarantees or states it will show variants. Seeing 1 product get all the impressions compared to the rest of the same item group is very common and a normal experience.

If you prefer that one product shows up rather than the others, you could try increasing the bidding and lower the bidding for the ones you do not want to show as often.

To help increase the chances of variants being listed, is by ensuring all required product attributes and recommended ones are added to the data feed, such as :

Variant color, size, material, pattern, age group, gender or other variant attribute are added

All product identifiers are added such as Brand, GTIN and or MPN

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’