AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Edit max cpc for individual items

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to be able to alter the max  of some products away from the default value.  I can't alter them in 'products' as there is no 'edit' facility so I have gone to Product Groups, clicked the 'edit subdivision' pen, then dropped down to Subdivide all products by Item ID (this only shows around 100 products and not all of the products), select one product, Continue to Edit Bids, enter a new value and Save. This now defaults all the other products, (apart from the 100 that were listed) previously in separate product groups, back to default max CPC. 

Can anyone help me with:-

1) I need to be able to change the bid for individual items 

2) I need to be able to add new products and enter the max bid for that product without defaulting everything else back to max CPC.

3) I need to be able to see all products in a list and not just a selection of 100 or so.

4) When I go to Change History, I am unable to undo changes.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The only way to bid on individual products is by segmenting them down to item id. If you only see 100 products than ether the following are the cases

1) products are not approved, so check GMC with the feed processing and the diagnostics tab, resolve the listed errors

2) the subdivision has started at a specific product type, category, brand or custom label. this will than only show products within that subdivision. check the top level subdivision on how it is structured.

3) to bid on each product you need to add all item id's at once, than click on save and edit bids later, you can than edit them one by one once they are added. Not one by one using the edit pencil button for adding products.

As a campaign structure can be setup in allot of different ways, it is extremely hard to give you a correct answer. So providing screenshots, further details how everything is structured may allow forum members to give you advice. Alternatively if providing further details is not possible, please contact Google directly : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7218750

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All products are approved, and we have over 700 products.  I cannot see how to select all products.  When I choose Subdivide all products by Item ID, and select the list, it gives me 100 items. If I then change the metric, for example from Ascending to Descending, it will show me a further 100 items which I can then add and then I have got 200 products which I would be able to edit.  If I change the metric again, for example to 'Clicks' or 'Impressions' it will show me more products, which I can then add but I never get a list of all 700+ items.  Even if I was able to do this, if I then add a new product (which we regularly do), by adding and editing the max CPC of this new product, it will default all other products back to max CPC and I've lost the values that I had previously entered.  I can't believe that there is not a way to edit individual items Max CPC and leave everything else as it is.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can only have a maximum of 200 products per subdivision.

Instead you need to segment it down using ether brands, categories, product type or custom labels. Make sure the list is less than 200 per subdivision and you are than able to add up to 200 item id's

more info : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6275317

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’