AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Ecomm_prodid issue in Dynamic remarketing Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have created a Dynamic remarketing campaign for my client, in which I have created the ads using the shopping feeds from their merchant id.

But the problem is that when all the ads were approved from Google, but still the ads were not serving. When I checked with issue in in "Display Network" I found that it showing the error related to "ecomm_prodid" below is the message:

None of your tag's activity uses "ecomm_prodid"
Without this parameter, your dynamic ads won't be tailored to visitors' activity on your website.

Please let me know how should we resolve the issue, do I need to implement the custom remarketing code on the website? If yes then can someone assist me how to implement that code.

Thanks

Gagan 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

So on your landing page, the remarketing code will need certain values. These values are product id, page type, and product value.

If the product id does not match that of the data feed submitted to Google Merchant it will not work. What will happen in this case is that it will randomly show products rather than specific products tailored based on the user searches.

Contact the web developer and make sure the product id of the product matches that of the data feed submitted to Google Merchant.

More info : https://developers.google.com/adwords-remarketing-tag/parameters

And : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476688?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Emmanuel,

I have found below mention code online to place in the remarketing tag, please advice should I implement the below code in my remarketing tag to make it custom and it will start taking the value from merchant dynamically

<script type="text/javascript">
var google_tag_params = {
ecomm_prodid: 'shopify_US_{{ product.id }}_{{ product.variants.first.id }}',
ecomm_pagetype: '{{ template }}',
ecomm_totalvalue: {{ product.price_min | money_without_currency | remove: ',' }}
};
</script>

Thanks

Gagan

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I recommend you contact your web developer, each platform and situation is different. Which I will not know what is the correct setup.

As your current code is a partial code. I would not be able to verify it's the right thing to do.

You could search for "adding google adwords remarketing tag to shopify" to find an article that covers the whole setup.

But I recommend talking to your web developer to help you out.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’