AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Ebay listings not showing in Google Shopping

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have around 500 items listed in ebay, and not a single one appears in Google shopping with my account being open since 2002.

To make sure my items are acceptable to GS I have added EANs, Manufacturers names, etc.  My listing text quite normal, covering about 200 words, no excessive use of keywords.  Each item is in a category within my shop.  But absolutely none show in GS.  There is no duplication of items.  I have free shipping on most of them (>90%).  I am in the process of making sure all my items are on plain background - but this does not seem to have stopped my competitors whose have terrible backgrounds.

Contacting ebay didn't help.  They just said I had revised my items recently and to leave it 24hs then check again.  Presumably my items have been rejected by google at some point (perhaps years ago?).

Any tips on how to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Ebay listings not showing in Google Shopping

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Steven H

As eBay is a marketplace only they along with Google could resolve this issue. Although eBay list items on behalf of their retailers, and this does not involve a cost to you, (other than your initial listing cost with eBay themselves), you are not offered an opt-out/opt-in of this service at present, so, unfortunately, if you wish to list with eBay, you will not be able to list your store items as a sole merchant, therefore, you have no control over when, how or if your items appear in results. 

I have spoken with eBay personally about this before and they have advised that they cannot guarantee, simply because you list your item with them, that it will be included by either them or within Google Shopping results. 

Google rejecting your items, would only be an issue if they are against policy or if you have been listing these as an individual alongside eBay (duplicate listing violation)

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6149970?hl=en-GB - Policy

As a matter of interest, how are you verifying that none of your items are being listed? 

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your insight. I am puzzled that zero of my listings appear, I would have thought a handful at least would be shown. It is as if ebay has decided not to include my listings full stop or I have been banned by GS for some policy violation. I will continue to fine tune my listings, but fear there may not be a solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
With regard to you edit, I have checked about 80 of my listings by pasting the exact title or a very near search into Google, then selecting the shopping tab.

I also have a product range (of about 60 items) with its own brand name. A search for this only brings up two items from another seller (who I supply wholesale). They only have two items currently on ebay, so there is no overlap on the rest of the range.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Steven H

You're welcome. Can you clarify how you are ensuring none of your items are being shown?. Can you also please supply an example item from your listings?. 

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is an example listing which I think should be acceptable to GS:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peristaltic-Pump-230V-Dishwasher-Detergent-Dosing-3L-hr-Giados-D3-FIX-/161...

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
It is possible your items solely do not show to you within results and do so for others. Many factors go into the results shown to each individual user. Continuous searching for ones own items is never advisable as this can reduce overall relevancy in terms of a search and even ultimately stop the item from being shown.

If you feel you would benefit from Google Shopping Campaigns, and are willing to stop listing with eBay, you could try listing as an independent store, allowing full control over your items visibility.

Obviously, only you would know the viability of this option and costs involved.

Alternatively, I would suggest further communication with eBay, as I feel Google will be unable to assist you personally and will too, refer you back to eBay.

Just a thought, are you simply re-listing your items once they expire or are you creating new listings? Maybe a fresh item would fair differently?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,
I was aware of the danger of viewing your own items in ebay, reducing their likleyhood of being shown. Perhaps I will try using a proxy to view google. I am in the process or creating my own store, hence my increased interest in GS. It has about 50 items listed, but there is a little more work to be done before it will be acceptable to GS. My wife has listed some new items using her iPad, I hoped these would be viewed differently, but not so. I tried turning off the RSS feed from ebay overnight also.

My difficulty with ebay is getting access to someone with the appropriate technical understanding. I can't help thinking something minor just needs resetting, approving, or changing. But I can't tell if it is me, ebay, or google who can make that change !