AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

E-commerce bidding on PLAs ( Brand Products)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was running Google Shopping campaigns (PLAs) effortlessly until some e-commerce added all our products in their merchant feed (Brand name in the title of the each item). There are approx more than 30k products.

So now if a user search for my brand name, the PLAs from the e-commerce feeds triggers instead of mine. Few points for which i need some clarification:

1. If my brand term is trademarked, can anyone use that term in Title of merchant feed?
  2. The products listed on my site does not contain Brand name. It starts with the Product/model name, however the e-commerce has added brand name with all the products. Could this be the reason that his ads are triggering because of relevancy?
  3. If above rule applies then what is the benefit of being the domain owner? 

What should be the ideal step that i should take to show my ads on my brand terms?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: E-commerce bidding on PLAs ( Brand Products)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If my brand term is trademarked, can anyone use that term in Title of merchant feed?

• No. you must report to Google no one can use your trademark term in adcopies. Though there are some conditions where one can use. Reference: Trademark policy

The products listed on my site does not contain Brand name. It starts with the Product/model name, however the e-commerce has added brand name with all the products. Could this be the reason that his ads are triggering because of relevancy?

• Yes, it will make competitor's ads more relevant and hence better QS and ultimately better position.

As Your keywords, Ads and landing page must be relevant to each others for better QS. So you need to include the brand name in Title, description on the landing page.

If above rule applies then what is the benefit of being the domain owner? 

• As mentioned above if your brand is trademark term then you can report to Google.

What should be the ideal step that i should take to show my ads on my brand terms?

Hope you will get your problem solved with the above mentioned steps.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The products listed on my site does not contain Brand name. It starts with the Product/model name, however the e-commerce has added brand name with all the products. Could this be the reason that his ads are triggering because of relevancy?

• Yes, it will make competitor's ads more relevant and hence better QS and ultimately better position.

As Your keywords, Ads and landing page must be relevant to each others for better QS. So you need to include the brand name in Title, description on the landing page.

I have added & created separate campaign which includes few products with Brand name( both in the feed title & product landing page) to show relevancy & maximise QS but still the competitor's PLAs triggering. Have also increased bids by 300% from current Brand search cpc

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

So now if have added brand name in your landing page also, you will have better QS for those keywords which are associated with the landing pages having brand name in title or description.
Though it will take time to update the QS and your performance.

You can get the advantage if your destination URL contains brand name as domain like www.brandname.com/Brandname-productname which leads to more relevancy.

You can not stop the advertiser to compete with you until you file a complaint to
Google. But what you can try in the meantime is to be on the top.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I am extremely sorry as I have provided suggestions regarding search text ads. so I have edited the post.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi yes ,As there is no keywords for any PLA campaigns so cannot check Q.S.

Understood that i can report this issue to Google but is there any other method also apart for removing competitor from using the text ?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Taran,

I didn't get your last statement that is removing competitor using the text...

And i don't think there is any other way to stop competitor showing your brand's products ads

Regards

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Taran, 

Archit has already giuded you with the step of reporting the violation of Trademark policy. It will be a future-proof and permanent approach. You must take his suggestion and report the violation if you own the Trademark.

Other way around would not be much effective.

@Archit, including keywords in URL does not improve landing page experience or relevancy score. It can be one factor in SEO but definitely not in AdWords.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Yes Ratan, I agree. Even i have already apologized as i have given suggestions regarding text ads, where display url matters.

Regards