AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

E-Commerce Platform

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does google Merchant center support other E-Commerce Platforms like open cart other than Bigcommerce. If yes, how is this so?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: E-Commerce Platform

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @George N,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Google Merchant Center is not confined by website's CMS as long as your website is publicly accessible and offers an optimum user-experience. Hence, no matter what ecommerce CMS you are using, you are eligible for Google Merchants. A CMS is not the basis of eligibility. Though, I would like you to check if it is available in your country. 

Google Merchant Center needs product feed from your website, and you have two ways to create and submit it - automatically though CMS plugins/extensions or by writing them manually. 

Writing it manually is definitely a hectic process if you have many products. But thankfully, most of the eCommerce CMSs have plugin/extension for this purpose. You can simply get them free or paid version as applicable and can configure to create feeds for you. 

I would advise you to check with your website developer or with the CMSs plugin marketplace. Google does not offer such extension or plugins for creating feeds.

Hope it helps. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: E-Commerce Platform

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

currently, only the bigcommerce platform is supported,
with respect to linking and the data auto-import feature
within the merchant-center.

all other similar systems must use one
of the other available upload options.