AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic display remarketing ad is showing incorrect product feed

Yin
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Yin
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have uploaded a product feed, and linked my dynamic display ad to a remarketing audience list, and my ad's been running for a couple of weeks now. My problem is that the display ad is showing random product feed instead of the product that I just visited. What could be causing this problem? 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic display remarketing ad is showing incorrect product feed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

dynamic feed always takes the data from product feed. Unless you have not mentioned anything in the advanced settings you should be showing details from the product feed, Can you add two screenshots of your product feed and banner that display invalid details here?

Yin
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Yin
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal,

My product feed lists all my products with the correct product name, image, description and landing URL. And the product shown in the feed itself is shown correctly. But the problem is, if I have just viewed a product A, quit my website, go to another website with Google display ad inventory, and see my banner, I see a product B in my banner feed instead of product A, which is hurting the performance of my dynamic display ad. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Yin,

Well in dynamic remarketing campaigns the product which is displaying in banner ads ( 3 or 4 products depending on the template you have chosen) always selected automatically and randomly. However you can use custom products feeds and audience defined by rules to show exact range of products in your ad.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I know you mentioned you have the correct id's etc... Are you sure the remarketing tag that is installed on the site has the correct id in ecomm_prodid variable?
Have you made sure in the Adwords settings you have ticked the box for Dynamic Ad Settings and selected your Google Merchant ID as the source?

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Yin
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Yin
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Emmanuel,

Yes, under campaigns>settings>dynamic ad settings, my setting reads "use dynamci ads, and then it's linked to my feed with all the correct names and URLs and IDs.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
In that case I suggest contacting Google Adwords, as the issue is somewhere where we as members can not look into.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Emmanuel is right: if you see that your dynamic ads are not showing some of the products you visited recently it likely means that the parameter value you pass to the tag (ecomm_prodid for retail for example) don't match the ids in your feed.
There are 2 ways to check that:
1) In Display Network tab > "XX issues may need your attention" link on the top right > Account Setup > Remarketing tag section
2) In Shared Library > Audiences > Tag details > Custom parameters section

If you want further help from us you should share your website so we can investigate.