AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Re-Marketing Issues

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Our developers have implemented the custom parameters and they show on all of our product pages.  When I was able to use the Tag Assistant yesterday it said that the product IDs did not match, even though they should.

A couple of key bits of info:

1) We are not using GTM right now

2) We have implemented all of the Retail features in Google Analytics (Custom Definitions and the Retail Dynamic Attributes)

The Re-marketing lists for product viewers, shopping cart abandoners and previous purchasers are not generating.

What is causing the errors?  Is there something that we are missing?

Thanks  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please check the document below about troubleshooting.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103509?hl=en

Make sure that the value of ecomm_prodid matches the product id in your feed.

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I uploaded a new feed yesterday making sure that the product ids match.  I just re-verified my feed and the product ids match.  This is where I am a little lost because they do match.  When I look at the checkout page and I view the page source it looks like the analytics tag has dropped off of there, would this cause that problem?  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The missing analytics code on your checkout page should not affect the product validation on a product page.

Can you see your products under Tools -> Merchant Center -> Linked Account ID -> Products tab in AdWords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes and I have over 60k products active.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It is weird, it seems that you have set up everything properly. I assume you also have dynamic remarketing enabled for your property. It can happen that your feed is new and it hasn't been reviewed yet (it can take up to 3 days). I cannot think of anything else, if you can share your site URL, I'd be happy to check if I can find any issues with the implementation.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

moparnow.com

If I figure this one out I can roll it out to all of our clients, so it will be a big win for us.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

The remarketing tag is working properly. I'd suggest to wait, everything seems to be OK with your setup.

Let me know if the lists will start populating.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So it looks like the tag is working properly on some pages and not on others.  When I go to validate products with Google Tag Assistant not all of the products are being validated even though they match the product feed.  Do you have any insight into this issue?

Thanks,