AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate taxonomy for czech google product categories

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have discovered that recently some duplicate categories occurs in .TXT

http://www.google.com/basepages/producttype/taxonomy.cs-CZ.txt

For example "Malířské válečky" occurs excatly twice 

Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské houby
Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské válečky
Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské válečky
Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské štětce

They also occur twice in the new txt with different ID

1699 - Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské houby
1774 - Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské válečky
505325 - Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské válečky
1300 - Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské štětce
There should be some check for duplicate entries 
Thank You!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate taxonomy for czech google product categories

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for this Michal!
I'll pass the feedback onto the relevant teams!

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The issue is not yet fixed. However the workaround is to use taxonomy file with IDs

Funny thing is that in czech "Paint Rollers" and "Paint Strainers" share the same translations "Malířské válečky" which is wrong. 

I guess that correct translation for "Paint Strainers" should be "Malířské filtry"

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi @Michal V,

I have spoken with the relevant person on the Shopping team and it seems that they are not entirely duplicate categories. If you look at the 'taxonomy-with-ids.cs-CZ.txt', those are two different categories.

These two categories are translation of the following two categories in English:

1774 - Hardware > Tools > Paint Tools > Paint Rollers
505325 - Hardware > Tools > Paint Tools > Paint Strainers

The categories in cs-CZ are:
1774 - Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské válečky
505325 - Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské válečky

If the English name makes more sense to them, they can give the English name that better matches their product. Please note that you can supply just the numeric ID, so if they choose they can supply '1774' instead of the whole name 'Hardware > Tools > Paint Tools > Paint Rollers', or 'Kutilství a řemeslo > Nářadí a nástroje > Malířské nástroje > Malířské válečky'.

Hope this helps,

Kathleen