AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Download pla feed -HELP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

On Google Merchant center, is there a way to download the product feed for all of my products in to a Excel spread sheet.

I remember doing this a while a go but can't remember the way to access it again. Once downloaded it, would contain product ID, product type etc.

Can any one help???

Warm regards,

Mr .V

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Download pla feed -HELP

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Vilac2014 

If you sign in to your Google Merchant Center account, select from the left hand menu datafeeds, this will display all your feeds. If you then select the outcome such as 100 out of 100 items inserted, it will take you to the Feed Status Summary. 

You will have something like the following 

Input Method: FTP 
Total File Size:XX MB 
Detected attribute language: English 
Detected encoding: UTF-8 
Detected delimiter: Tab (\t) 
Detected file format: Text 
Default timezone for dates: GMT-07:00 
Load into debugger [?] 
Download feed 
Download full report

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

I've went through that process before and attempted to "Download full report" which gives me a excel spreadsheet containing Feed name, Feed Id, Customer Id, Upload time. But dosn't contain the information I requested.

Did the "Download feed" and gives be some kind of file / software which is called "uploadts-1403708683-sec_googlefeed1". It's not Excel file.

Below is the info I get which is similar to your response:

Input Method: Fetch
Total File Size: 574.74 KB
Download duration: 00:00:22 (HH:mm:ss)
Download throughput: 0.208376 Mbps
Detected file format: XML
Default timezone for dates: GMT+01:00
Load into debugger [?]
Download feed
Download full report

Not sure how to request the information.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Vilac2014 

From the information you have supplied, you are uploading an XML feed, hence when you download this, it will also come as this format. 

XML is unable to be opened in excel or similar. 

How are you currently generating your feed? I can see it is on a schedule to be fetched by Google, so do you have an option to change the feed format that is created and placed on this link?

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Please see below for response;

How are you currently generating your feed?
A: I'm not entirely sure as, I didn't set this up.

I can see it is on a schedule to be fetched by Google, so do you have an option to change the feed format that is created and placed on this link?
A: Not too sure how to change the format

How would I go about changing the format? Would this be the reason, as to why I'm unable to download the feed to a Excel file?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Vilac2014 

How are you currently generating your feed?

A: I'm not entirely sure as, I didn't set this up.

I would suggest talking to the person who did, as this is important to know. If you are unsure who did or are unable to contact the person, then if you supply me more details of software, shopping cart you are using I may be able to assist you further.

I can see it is on a schedule to be fetched by Google, so do you have an option to change the feed format that is created and placed on this link?
A: Not too sure how to change the format

You cannot change the format unless you have the ability to access where the feed is generated and modify the options, if they are indeed available to modify.

How would I go about changing the format? Would this be the reason, as to why I'm unable to download the feed to a Excel file?

Like I said above, you can only modify the format where the feed is generated. You can use a third party convertor to change format from xml to csv, however, I would not advise this, as they can provide varied success and this would be necessary for every upload and change made to your feed. You would also need to register the feed once more within Google Merchant Center as a .txt feed.

You are unable to download a .CSV/ Tab delimited file, as you are uploading an XML file. You simply download the exact feed you uploaded to Google Merchant Center from the dashboard. So you are unable to modify the format you download.

Why do you wish the feed in this format?

Tom Wilson

Download pla feed -HELP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is obsolete. There is no longer a download option available! Ugh!

Download pla feed -HELP

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

this is a rather old thread; the details may
certainly be obsolete or no longer apply.

posting in a new thread with a fresh, detailed, question is usually best.

however, for the new-experience, new-feeds, user-interface,
the download feature still exists -- but has simply moved.

now, simply click on the primary-feed name, then under the processing-tab,
to the far-right of the file-uploaded-on date, there are three-dots --
click on the 3-stacked-dots icon, and select download-file:
https://merchants.google.com/mc/products/sources

note -- this is not the 3-dots for the account/account-settings.