2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Done

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user

HELP! 4 examples of products with different sizes and/or prices.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The simplest way is to simply submit each product in your data feed and make sure that you assign the attributes color, size and item_group_id. However this can only be done if you have the same price for each variant. (quantity as 1 only)

The recommend method would be to have a unique url per product and size, this to ensure that when a customer clicks on a product from Google Shopping the appropriate color and size is the same.

For example, if I click on a red t-shirt size xl, I don't want to have to select everything again on the landing page. This results in poor user experience and will reduce the conversion rate. As customers are more and more inpatient with poorly designed websites.

My advice go the extra mile and ensure you can create a unique url. The best option would be via query strings. The most logical query string is something like this ?size=xl&color=red

This query string will simply be added to the end of the url. Than a script on your website will detect the query string and pre select the correct variant. Make sure that this is done server side and not client side, as Google will need to check the data for accuracy, which does not detect javascript changed content. So server side changes is very important.

A complete url will look like this http://www.discountfootballkits.com/nike-park-vi-short-sleeve-football-shirt-white-black?size=xl&col...

To know how to get this working, you need to contact your web developer or data feed plugin system.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Great question!

This is a common question I help clients with.

Here are Google's instructions for submitting product variants: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324507

Here are Google's requirements for Google Shopping landing pages: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265

It's fine to submit each variant of a product to Google Shopping as a separate product listing, following their instructions for submitting variants, as long as people see accurate information featured when they reach your product page. So if someone is clicking an ad for a red Large shirt, Google expects that the image and price on the page will be for a red, Large shirt.

There is some flexibility when you list multiple sizes and prices in a box like you do on your landing pages. I recommend reading both of the above articles, formatting your data accordingly, and then submitting a feed.

Best,

John

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

In this case you need to ether create query string URL's using the normal url as base,  based on the query it changes the landing page accurately. In this case pre select the color and size resulting in the price to reflect accurately. As this is pretty technical you need to contact your web developer for further information on how to accomplish this.

Alternatively create a new page with just these different products. (not very suitable)

The first one being the best solution, if you don't understand how to do this, I recommend contacting your web developer and show this thread. I'm sure the person will understand what to do. As the terminology is used for web development.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’