AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Does the product Title have to match the product title in the destination url exactly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just need to know because of the character length recommendations in the feed versus what's on my site. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Don S
September 2016

Re: Does the product Title have to match the product title in the destination url exactly?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Don,

Short Answer: No, your product feed title doesn't have to match the product title on the destination URL. If you need to trim titles for your feed, you'll be okay. 

Long Answer: Your product feed title SHOULD match your product title in the destination URL. Reasons:

• Good Product Titles are going to be good regardless of where they are (feed, URL, etc). A good title is usually descriptive and includes terms that are being used by the people searching for that item. 
  • Good user experience has a consistent flow from Search Engine Result Page (SERP) to landing page. Don't confuse people with product titles that leave them asking: "is this the same thing I clicked on earlier?"

View solution in original post

Re: Does the product Title have to match the product title in the destination url exactly?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Don_S,

No that is not a requirement. Consider as a user what info you would like conveyed in the title of a product: it is a good idea to get specific and fill it with appropriate but rich keywords such as the size, shape, color, brand name, of what it is. The character length recommended is 80 characters.

Let me know if this helps!

Nick
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Don S
September 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Don,

Short Answer: No, your product feed title doesn't have to match the product title on the destination URL. If you need to trim titles for your feed, you'll be okay. 

Long Answer: Your product feed title SHOULD match your product title in the destination URL. Reasons:

• Good Product Titles are going to be good regardless of where they are (feed, URL, etc). A good title is usually descriptive and includes terms that are being used by the people searching for that item. 
  • Good user experience has a consistent flow from Search Engine Result Page (SERP) to landing page. Don't confuse people with product titles that leave them asking: "is this the same thing I clicked on earlier?"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much. The title both in the feed and on the destination page will be nearly the same so no trickery here.

Does the product Title have to match the product title in the destination url exactly?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Don S,

@Michael E and @Nick C are correct in that your product feed titles do not have to match landing page titles. This is actually the perfect chance for you to optimize your feed titles with rich product information (like size, color, product nouns, brands, etc.), better matching customer search queries and possibly increasing your conversion rate.

I hope that helps!

Brian

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not post self-promotional content in the AdWords Community. Repeated violations of this guideline can result in suspension from the forums.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Weird... my name is Don S., but I didn't ask this question or others attributed to this account... BUT I get notifications of them. Anyone have a clue about what's going on? 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've similar issue here. changing the title in the landing page requires more work than does the ad title in product feed.