AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Do website call conversion work with shopping ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the tracking code/number swap working perfectly for text ads, but it doesn't seem like its working for Google Shopping ads and I'm not sure why, or if this is even possible?

Re: Do website call conversion work with shopping ads?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to track Website Call Conversions from Google Shopping Clicks.  I think you're not seeing them on Shopping Campaigns is because Call Extensions aren't active on your Google Shopping Campaign (they can't be).  Per the Website Call Extensions help center article, to make Website Call Conversions work you'll need:

• Call extensions: You'll need an active call extension for all campaigns driving traffic to pages where the Google forwarding number will be displayed.

Because you can't activate Call Extensions on Shopping Campaigns, I don't think this feature will work.