AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Do I need to explicitly show the words "Availability: In stock" on my landing pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been advertising on Shopping Ads for about a month and just last week got a notice about "pre-emptive disapproval" because apparently: 

We found that many items in your product data do not accurately reflect the availability of the products on their landing pages. Please update your product data to ensure that each item reflects accurate availability both in the product information that you submit to Google Shopping and the corresponding product pages on your website. 

My product pages don't actually list the product availability (never did) though I believe it was embed as structured data in the page using JSON. On a whim I checked my product page source code and the structured data was actually missing. (We updated our theme recently and must have accidentally removed it.) So that has now been added back to the source code.

But does anyone know if that is enough to satisfy the requirement of my feed and landing page matching availability info?

I don't really want to add "in stock" on the product pages as my products are mostly made to order (custom moulded). That is, they are standard products that people order then we make it then ship it within about two weeks. It's not technically "preorder" as it's not a product about to be released, it's a product that we have the raw materials in stock for, it just takes 2 weeks to build and deliver. If I add "in stock" actually on the page it could confuse people into thinking they can order the item today and get it next day or something.

Thanks for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Malessa B
2w

Do I need to explicitly show the words "Availability: In stock" on my landing pages?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, yes it needs to be on the product landing page visually and in the structured data. As the visual requirement is a policy guideline.

You can check the guidelines here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Malessa B
2w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, yes it needs to be on the product landing page visually and in the structured data. As the visual requirement is a policy guideline.

You can check the guidelines here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Emmanuel. I can add it but like I said I am just a little concerned that it will actually confuse customers.  But I will try add additional wording so they understand the 2 week turnaround.

Thanks again!