AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved items because of Healthcare-related content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I already emailed Google support about my issue but still they can't give me an exact reason why my data feed was disapproved so many times since last month. I edited everything that can cause a policy violation but still Google didn't accept the changes that I made. My items are just face creams, beauty cleanser and a beauty serum which are 100% organic, all of the ingredients used are safe and tested. Until now Google still asks me to edit my data feed but I don't know which part do I have to edit or change. 

Can anyone enlighten me with this issue? Thank you!

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Remove any claims and statements will be the first step to follow Google's Policy. This needs to be done both in the data feed and on the product landing page and rest of the site.

Google does not allow claims or statements that are a) not scientifically proven b) not common knowledge

If a) be sure that it is proven by enough and a wide source of scientific evidence. Than link the reports to an official government or government body website.

As a) and b) is not part of your products, I recommend removing all claims and statements.

Healthcare is a very difficult product to advertise on Google Shopping, so you will have to work hard on this and fully read all policies and linked policies within the documents below.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6149970?hl=en

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6150151?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please share your URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @RobSkelton!

Here's our website url: https://www.mindmyskin.com.au/

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Quite likely the real problem is that your site mentions Botox 3 times.

site:mindmyskin.com.au botox

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Remove any claims and statements will be the first step to follow Google's Policy. This needs to be done both in the data feed and on the product landing page and rest of the site.

Google does not allow claims or statements that are a) not scientifically proven b) not common knowledge

If a) be sure that it is proven by enough and a wide source of scientific evidence. Than link the reports to an official government or government body website.

As a) and b) is not part of your products, I recommend removing all claims and statements.

Healthcare is a very difficult product to advertise on Google Shopping, so you will have to work hard on this and fully read all policies and linked policies within the documents below.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6149970?hl=en

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6150151?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it mean I have to change everything on my website? Specifically the scientific terms that we're using? 

Thank you so much! 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

In most cases of these types of violations, yes.

Re: Disapproved items because of Healthcare-related content

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Google don’t allow any items or any identical item on this non-exhaustive list of prohibited pharmaceuticals and supplements. It includes some herbal/organic product and homeopathic content also.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2423645

If your product or any of ingredient in your products, is in banned list or prohibited then you are not allowed to run ads on AdWords, even after making the changes.

Sunil, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile  Rmotive Services
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I agree with @Emmanuel F here;

All claims on the site must be within the common scientific and medicinal practices and knowledge. You cannot claim cure/ healing/ healing properties (e.g skin care keeps your skin vital, clinically tested to prevent and reduce wrinkles with anti-aging cream. unless you are a pharmaceutical company conducting medical trials per an approved medical protocol) 

The content of this site should be overhauled.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’