AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved: Google Shopping policies ? But the product is already on Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have come across an issue where a product I have uploaded in coming up with an error : Disapproved: Google Shopping policies - this is not an uncommon error I have come across as I work within the sport nutrition industry but the thing I do not understand is the product is already on Google Shopping?

I have the exact same barcode / GTIN as the one on Google Shopping, which is the one I scanned from the product...

What am I doing wrong? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Disapproved: Google Shopping policies ? But the product is already on Google Shopping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nutrition products fall under health and medicine, thus having to follow these rules. The most common violation is making claims or statements that are not common knowledge, researched by scientist and or approved by a government body.

The resolve this, remove all claims and statements the product has in the product data feed and on the product landing page.

Providing further info might allow forum members to give you more information. If providing this info is not possible, then contact Google directly : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7218750

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Disapproved: Google Shopping policies ? But the product is already on Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Thank you for your response!

So I have removed the products, and relisted them removing any claims or
statements they may have... The Pre Workout (caffeine filled product has
listed and is now on Google Shopping, but the Protein Powder is not?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Certain ingredients are not allowed, which could also be the case: More info: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2430794

If after this it does not work, then it could be related to claims or statements still being detecting on either the product landing page or any other page on the website.

Carefully reviewing all pages, including blogs is key to trying to resolving this.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’