AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Difference in product statuses obtained through Content API when compared to Diagnostics dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a huge difference in the product statuses obtained from Google Merchant Center (Diagnostics section) when compared to the results obtained from Content API.

For example,

The following notification is shown in GMC. The count of affected items is 3826 as shown below.

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 10.44.49 AM.png

However when we obtain product status through Content API [productstatuses.get()], the count of affected items for the same error is 7112.

There are also some critical errors like general spam policy, landing page error and mobile landing page error which were not listed in the Diagnostics section is GMC.

Please advice how can we ensure consistency between the results of Content API and GMC Diagnostics dashboard.

Thanks

Ahamed

1 Expert replyverified_user

Difference in product statuses obtained through Content API when compared to Diagnostics dashboard

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The diagnostics panel will not always have the latest accurate figure and can have a delay between 2 hours and 2 days.

I recommend using both reports to fix all issues. If you see a too big inconsistency, than I recommend sending Google Feedback. This can be done when you login to Google Merchant in the top right corner.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’