AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Difference Adgroup CPC and Productgroup CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the difference between the adgroup CPC and productgroup CPC?

When my productggroup CPC is € 1,00 and my adgroup CPC is € 0,23 what will the maximum bod be?

I hope the lowest CPC (€ 0,23) Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Product group is specific to the Shopping campaigns where you do not add the keywords and instead group the products as per the business needs and assign a maximum bid.

Ad group consists of keywords and you assign a default bid to the ad group. If you do not assign any bid to internal keywords, the default bid is automatically assigned to your keywords. Otherwise, if you assign a specific bid to keywords, that will over ride the ad group bid.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pankaj,

I think we understand each other not quite.

Google Shopping campaigns doesn't know keywords, but the ads are triggered based on the content of your Google Shopping feed. The content of the feed given so at what keywords your ads are shown. 

Mybe this makes it clear: how can i bid (in Shopping) at adgroup level instead of productgroup level?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The ad group bidding, gives the base line max cpc. For example if you add a new category in this ad group (outside of any second level subdivision). It will take the default bidding from the ad group.

The ad group will only be used as a default base line if you have not made any changes in the product group level.

So any bidding in the Product Group is essentially used regardless of what the ad group max cpc is set to.

So if you have a category, brand, custom label or item ID that you changed the bidding, it will use this as your Max CPC and not the ad group itself.

I hope this makes sense.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’