AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Demographic Targeting for Shopping Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is it possible to use demographic targeting(in particular age) for shopping ads? i cant find the answer to this anywhere. I know you could use demographic targeting in re-makrteting for shopping ads but can you use demographic targeting directly in the search results with shopping ads?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Currently, that is not something you can set in AdWords for shopping ads. You can specify if a product is gender-specific or what age-group it is meant for in the product data: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Currently, that is not something you can set in AdWords for shopping ads. You can specify if a product is gender-specific or what age-group it is meant for in the product data: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You 100% can. It just requires basic knowledge of coding material and words/tags relating to your business.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is still incorrect, Google Adwords for Google Shopping does not support gender or age specific bid adjustments like Christopher already mentioned.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’