AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Data feed question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to change the data feed name, I am beginning to add new products that are different categories, example locker parts, toilet partitions, locks etc... but don't want my feed to say locker parts, just a generic name.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill D
January 2016

Re: Data feed question

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Bill,

Unfortunately you can't change the file/feed name, you'll have to create a new feed in the dashboard. The file/feed name though is really just a reference for yourself so it can easily stay the same no matter the contents of the actual data feed.

There is no need to create additional feeds in order to add subcategories, all items can be placed within one feed. If you upload more than one feed, you must ensure no ID's are the same within either feed as this would override the initial value.

For instance

Feed 1 - ID 123 must not be found in Feed 2.

Once you have uploaded your new items, you can subdivide into categories within your AdWords Shopping Campaign for easier monitoring.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill D
January 2016

Re: Data feed question

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Bill,

Unfortunately you can't change the file/feed name, you'll have to create a new feed in the dashboard. The file/feed name though is really just a reference for yourself so it can easily stay the same no matter the contents of the actual data feed.

There is no need to create additional feeds in order to add subcategories, all items can be placed within one feed. If you upload more than one feed, you must ensure no ID's are the same within either feed as this would override the initial value.

For instance

Feed 1 - ID 123 must not be found in Feed 2.

Once you have uploaded your new items, you can subdivide into categories within your AdWords Shopping Campaign for easier monitoring.

Tom