AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Data Feed Error Message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get data feed error in Google Shopping Campaign for US country. Problem is with tax attribute which show message"Please make sure the attribute includes the correct number of subattributes. All colons between subattributes, even for blank values, are required" . I didn't get where i will get the tax value. What should I do for this?

Thanks & Regards

Mitthu Ghosh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Data Feed Error Message

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Mitthu,

I think you can set tax settings in GoogleMerchant Center or you have to include them in data feed.

More information: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en

Alex

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

First of all it depends upon which country you are targeting in your merchant center data feed. Based on that, it will vary how you should set your Taxes and all. Also note that 'tax' attribute is only applicable to feeds targeting the US as per the help center reference.

Find more details here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160162?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Mitthu

Firstly do you charge tax? If not, then you can simply control the tax settings within Google Merchant Center by selecting

From within the Tax settings found on the left hand side.

If you do charge tax, then you can select 

"Specify taxes for individual states"

This will allow you to set a particular value per state, if it varies.

If you set one value throughout all states, you can do so within your feed.

If you can list the format and an example from your feed we can better assist you.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.