AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Daily budgets by day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our weekends aren't nearly as ROI positive as M-F.  Does anyone know a way, if there is one, to have different daily budgets per day?  I have my bids dropped by 20% over the weekend but would really like to lower the actual budget so I'm not spending as much on Saturday and Sunday.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Daily budgets by day

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Don M,
You might want to try using Automated Rules to raise and lower your budget on certain days of the week. Instructions and an example is found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en

One piece of advice when creating Automated Rules - is to make sure you "Preview Results" for both rules you will set up (one to raise, and another to lower) to make sure that you are setting the rules.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Don M,
You might want to try using Automated Rules to raise and lower your budget on certain days of the week. Instructions and an example is found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en

One piece of advice when creating Automated Rules - is to make sure you "Preview Results" for both rules you will set up (one to raise, and another to lower) to make sure that you are setting the rules.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Perfect, thanks Kathleen. I completely spaced on the automated rules feature. Sure that will work just fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Kathleen! Is there any type of script for this you know of?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.