AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Customization of plugin necessary to link shipping prices to google shopping?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My developer is having a hard time linking shipping prices from my site to google merchant shopping. He is saying that our plugin must be customized to do this as we cannot import the shipping prices from my website. I find this hard to believe because nearly every business in the world that has ecommerce has different shipping prices. Has anyone encountered the same issue? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is very possible, shipping pricing is indeed a complex setup, even more depending on how the pricing is calculated. As we do not know how your shipping pricing is setup, or how your website is developed, or what development language you are using, we can not comment on the matter.

Regardless, I am a developer myself and can tell you that these things are not simple. Especially if you are using a plugin, you are limited to what the plugin can do. Editing or adding features to a plugin that is not developed by yourself creates another layer of complexity.

However, you can also submit shipping prices directly into Google Merchant. Here is a guide : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6069284?hl=en

This than does not require you to do anything in the plugin.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

I don't know about your shipping price and can't comment how you are calculating depending on dimensions/weight/location.

The costs that you submit to Merchant Center must match the costs that you charge on your website. If you can’t, overestimate shipping costs. Keep in mind users will use these costs when deciding whether to click your ad or not. 

The shipping costs that you submit to Merchant Center must match the costs you charge on your website or at least overestimate those costs.

Read this article to add some attribute and google may calculate the cost:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7050921

But if you have easy calculation to decide shipping rates for your products then you can enter shipping cost manually in merchant center.

Here is an article to submit the shipping rates on google merchant:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6069284?hl=en

Sunil, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile  Rmotive Services
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’