AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Attributes in Google shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have been communicating with Google helpdesk but they clearly confirmed that they are able to help with the custom attributes in Google shopping feed. So that is the reason the question goes here ;-)

My questions: 

Will Google Shopping ads performance will be better with the Custom Attributes in the feed??

e.g. for a LED lights Google offers only Energy Efficiency Rating as a standard which we have already used it in the feed and it perfectly works in the Google shopping ads but there are many other necessary attributes such as Voltage, Colour Temperature, Lumens, LED base type, Technology etc. 

One Example of the custom attributes that I think to add to the feed is <c:lumes type="string">240LM</lumen>.

Will Google consider this type of custom attributes for the better ranking? 

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Reza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reza A
April 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is what Google offers for the Custome Attributes: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160603?hl=en

Please don't mix it with Custom Labels as it has nothing to do with each other.

Regards,

Reza

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reza A
April 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is what Google offers for the Custome Attributes: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160603?hl=en

Please don't mix it with Custom Labels as it has nothing to do with each other.

Regards,

Reza

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just spoke to someone that they applied the custom attributes across different accounts and they confirmed that such custom attributes do not impact ad serving. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Reza,

Do you find your ads being more effective when the custom attributes information is added?

My products have many specific attributes, and I'm wondering if it is worth my time to add all the data into the custom attributes feild.

Thanks,