AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Currency Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On my website I have a single page per product but I have currency conversion switched on so a visitor sees pricing in their local currency. The currency rates are updated multiple times a day using Open Exchange Rates.

I am based in the UK but wish to sell in the US so I had currency conversion enabled but I have noticed I have started to get warnings about price mismatches most probably due to differences and timings of the exhange rates used by Google and my site.

Other than set up separate sub-domains for each currency are there any better ways to handle this and avoid errors?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Graham F
October 2016

Currency Conversion

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Automated price changes based on country location is not a good practice if you want to sell on Google Shopping.

A person in the US searching for products on google.co.uk and click on your ads needs to see the price in the same currency as the target country. In your case Pounds and not USD.

If you have enabled currency conversion than the price is automatically converted in Google Shopping US, however if you do this, you can not change the price on your website to USD but use Pounds.

Currently I recommend creating a dedicated link or sub domain or folder etc, for US clients. Meaning that you create a new shop just for US languages and currency. Than create a data feed with the US links. As you will quickly know even if you have set everything up with the Google's new currency conversion method that you will get very bad to no impressions.

Currently dedicated sections is your best option.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Graham F
October 2016

Currency Conversion

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Automated price changes based on country location is not a good practice if you want to sell on Google Shopping.

A person in the US searching for products on google.co.uk and click on your ads needs to see the price in the same currency as the target country. In your case Pounds and not USD.

If you have enabled currency conversion than the price is automatically converted in Google Shopping US, however if you do this, you can not change the price on your website to USD but use Pounds.

Currently I recommend creating a dedicated link or sub domain or folder etc, for US clients. Meaning that you create a new shop just for US languages and currency. Than create a data feed with the US links. As you will quickly know even if you have set everything up with the Google's new currency conversion method that you will get very bad to no impressions.

Currently dedicated sections is your best option.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’