AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Criteria to choose products to show for a query

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

we are having some conversion problems in our shopping campaigns that consist on clicks (and cost) accumulating (across more than 40.000 products) but not many conversions. There is a particularity which is that our product, which is something you use on, lets say, a device, needs a matching of that product & device. For each specific device we have a product, and when one enters our website, one shall select the specific device so it shows the products valid for that device. 

The problem is that in many occassions, the price the user sees in the ad is not the same as the price the user sees after entering our website and selecting the specific device: the prices are then often higher.

Therefore I would like to ask: can this be happening because Google chooses to show the products that have lower prices, since they generally tend to have a better CTR?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

It's a combination of factors, one being pricing but also relevancy, ad quality, bid, landing page quality etc...

So there are allot of things you need to look at to improve. My first suggestion would be to focus on better data feed quality to increase the CTR. When the CTR is high enough look at how to resolve your issue on the landing page.

You can do this by making sure the correct ad is displayed to the correct search query.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Emmanuel,

thank you for your answer. CTR is not a problem, the problem is a good CTR that leads to cost accumulation with not many conversions. The correct ads are displayed indeed, and the feed quality is good, but we cannot find a way to show ads of the specific product that fits the specific device mentioned in the search query (when it is included in the query by the user), since for that we have a search option in the website that the user selects to find the right product, within the given product category, for that device. Too many times this results in prices that are higher than the price of the initial ad, which was also correct, just it does not match the particular device of the user. 

So the question is about whether there would be a way to go around this. Maybe listing on the landing page the devices suitable for each product would help have a better match?

Thank you!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Don't have many other suggestions other than experiment. Than only you will be able to find statistical proof if the changes work.

Products that have a wide availability of matches generally are extremely hard to get right or not at all due to the nature of products.

For example a client of mine sells roof racks, this can fit on a ton of different vehicles. After months of testing and changing I find that Google Shopping is not a good fit for these types of products where Text advertising works great.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’