AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Correct setup of Shopping Campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

I am planning on setting up a new shopping campaign in the following way:

Campaign 1 - based on top level category from the website

Ad Group 1 -  1st product group within top level category

Ad Group 2 -  2nd product group within the top level category

...and so on...

Campaign 2 - based on the next category from the website

Ad Group 1 - 1st product group from this next category

Ad Group 2 - 2nd product group from this next category

...and so on...

When I create these ad groups by including all the relevant product ids for that product group will AdWords create an all products group everytime? i don't really want that to happen, is there a way to stop that happening?

Thanks

Laura

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Laura B

By default, AdWords will add an All Product group in all your Adgroups. If you divide it further according to the available options, you will see the complete hierarchy of the product groups in the adgroup.  

However, if you do not want that you can try setting up the inventory filters based on the categorization you want. It will not show the complete hierarchy of products groups in the Adgroup, and you will see only one product group. The name of it would be All Products (filtered).

--

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Ratan-Jha

Thank you so much for the reply.

Would you recommend having an all products ad group somewhere in the account or if you are segmenting products to quite a granular level is this not necessary?

Thanks again,

Laura

All Products group

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

Would you always recommend to have an all products group running in your shopping campaigns no matter how you have segmented your products?

Or if you have segmented to quite a granular level, can you leave out the all products group?

Thanks,

Laura

All Products group

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

I recommend having an active all products group. The reason that I recommend this is due to product catalogs either growing or attributes changing.

For example, say that you have your product groups segmented down to the Item ID level. When new products are added to the catalog they won't be advertised on until you have added additional product groups for the new Item IDs.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

All Products group

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you @JimVaillancourt!

All Products group

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

If you segment products into ad groups using categorizations such as brand, category, product type or custom labels, than you must exclude Everything else in ...

Otherwise products from a different segment might end up in there, making your segmentation pretty incorrect.

However if you are at the final segmentation and your last segment is item id, than yes you can leave it included as than all future products will be added.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello Laura, we have some answer on your other thread here : https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Shopping-and-Merchant/All-Products-group/td-p/11194...

To keep threads relevant it is best to create only 1 thread per issue to avoid any cross questions that already have answered elsewhere. And also to have all information provided in 1 thread. Unless the questions is completely different.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’