AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking in Shopping Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm setting up a Shopping campaign for the first time. Will conversions automatically be tracked like other campaigns (I have the auto-tagging enabled in the master account preferences)?

Or do I need to figure out some other tagging/tracking method involving Adwords redirects or dynamic URLs? (both of which I'm pretty unclear on how to tackle)

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zach V
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking in Shopping Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Zach,

Welcome to the AdWords community Smiley Happy
Yes, Conversions will automatically count like other campaigns, if you have already set up the conversion tracking pixel in your check out or success page.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Zach,

Welcome to the Community!

You can either generate a conversion tracking code and paste it in the payment confirmation page or use eCommerce conversions in GA to track conversions & transaction related specifics. However, basic GA set up would also track these conversions if it is already set up. More about AdWords conversion tracking here and GA eCommerce conversion tracking here.

Hope that helps!

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Zach,

Welcome to the AdWords community Smiley Happy
Yes, Conversions will automatically count like other campaigns, if you have already set up the conversion tracking pixel in your check out or success page.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Zach,

Welcome to the Community!

You can either generate a conversion tracking code and paste it in the payment confirmation page or use eCommerce conversions in GA to track conversions & transaction related specifics. However, basic GA set up would also track these conversions if it is already set up. More about AdWords conversion tracking here and GA eCommerce conversion tracking here.

Hope that helps!

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's great news--thanks for the help!