AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Content Experiments with Google Shopping

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Community,

I am running a Google Shopping campaign, and would like to run a content experiment (using Analytics content experiments) for a specific product.

I am going to create a second product, just like the first, and then test certain variations of the title and copy, etc.

This variation of the original product (variation in terms of the page layout - not a product variation) will be left out of the Shopping feed.

- Does anyone see any potential issues with this?

- During the experiment it will redirect from the original product, so I'm wondering if that will cause an issue.

- Also, I'm wondering if it will be an issue to test different images for the product (such as from a different angle, etc)

Would greatly appreciate any and all thoughts / suggestions on this.

Thank you very much.

Alex

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Content Experiments with Google Shopping

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Google does not allow the sale of multiple identical products. You can only submit 1 unique product per merchant account and per website.

For experiments I recommend using similar products that are not performing well and make the title changes on those.

Kind regards, Emmanuel.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Emmanuel,

"For experiments I recommend using similar products that are not performing well and make the title changes on those."

Wouldn't this cause trouble with the feed, since the product (and price) being shown would be different from what the user saw in the advertisement?

Thank you.
Alex

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

the items to compare would need to be different
physical inventory items -- for example, similar,

poor performing, items could be a red sneaker

and red walking shoe.

a physical inventory item may be listed only once.

generally, submitted data must match the

landing-page without redirects or pop-ups.

duplicate physical inventory, duplicate content, or
mismatched submitted price and landing-page price,
are all policy violations and grounds for disapproval
or suspension, at any time.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
If the suggested option does not work for your experiments, than there is not much else I could suggest.

Google Shopping practices and Google Text are completely different. So you will have to evolve your testing strategy to adhere to Google's policies.

hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’