AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Content API XML problems with TAX and SHIPPING

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are an online marketplace with many thousands of sub-accounts. Our data feeds to the content API have been going ok for a few years now but I've hit a problem with a couple of fields.

The following input

<tax>
<country>US</country>
<region>WA</region>
<rate>9.5</rate>
<ship>true</ship>
</tax>

<shipping>
<country>US</country>
<service>Ground</service>
<price currency="USD">0.00</price>
</shipping>

is resulting in the following recorded data at the Google Merchant Center.googleshopping.jpg

As you can see it is ignoring the country, region and ship info we send for tax and also the shipping information seems to be dominated by the price (zero (free shipping) in this case)

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

The product is accepted ok into the index but no "Total Price" value is given in search results when sorting via price on the main Google Shopping website.

Any input will be greatly accepted, we're pulling our hair out here. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

As this is a technical question related to the API, I recommend asking it in the link below.

https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/forum/

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Emmanuel, will give it a go there.