AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Compatible Printer Cartridges in Google Merchant Center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

has anyone manage to add compatible and remanufactured printer cartridges in Google Merchant Center?

Some of the products we sell, have no gtin and unknown manufacturer name. What exactly fields should I use and what to write in them?

We do have some products which are made by well know manufacturer. We use their name as a brand, their item number as mpn and their UPC code as gtin. However we use "HP 05 Replacement Toner Cartridge" as title, but our products stay "Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation".

Went many times over that issue with google reps and according to them if I use real manufacturer name as brand, their id as mpn and their UPC code as gtin, our products should be active.

Please help

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Compatible Printer Cartridges in Google Merchant Center

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Pshemislav,
Have you tried using the real manufacturer name as brand, their ID as mpn and their UPC code as gtin, as you were advised?

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi KathleenG,

Thank you for the response. I've tried to use the real manufacturer name as brand, their ID as mpn and their UPC code as gtin and condition new, for original OEM products, and I've tried to use the real manufacturer name as brand, their ID as mpn and their UPC code as gtin and refurbished as condition for our remanufactured products, but neither the OEM nor the remanufactured products were accepted.
Tried the phone support, called them near 10 time for the last couple of weeks, they couldn't help me neither.
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Pshemislav

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
When you first submitted the product was the product disapproved, if yes than resubmitting a product with updated info does not help to get it approved. You need to alter the ID so that Google rechecks all data correctly. It's a work around.

If it's still disapproved than I don't think you can do anything unless Google fixes the issue.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’