AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Comma-Separated and Duplicate Feed Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I made the rookie mistake of uploading my feed as a Comma-Delimited Text file into Google Merchant Center.

As a result the product titles and descriptions showed up between quotation marks in Google Shopping...

The second mistake I made was uploading a second feed as Tab Delimited Text file, in stead of overwriting the active feed I already had. I wanted to delete the previous (comma-delimited feed) once the tab-delimited feed was indexed and active.

When I noticed the error Item uploaded through multiple feeds I deleted the second (tab-delimited) feed and uploaded the tab-delimited feed in the first feed I created.

Now I still get the error Item uploaded through multiple feeds in the first feed, and the products show the second feed (that I deleted) as source feed, but all the product titles and descriptions are still listed with quoatation marks...

Will this error eventually go away since I deleted the second feed, and will it just take a couple days for Google to index the correct feed or do I need to do something to make sure the right information gets indexed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick K
September 2015

Re: Comma-Separated and Duplicate Feed Issues

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Nick,

I've escalated your issue to our support team to have a look. You might want to give our support team a call or chat with them this afternoon: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

If it's been 48h and you're still not seeing it processing, it might make sense to try re-uploading the tab-delimited feed. Hopefully we can get this sorted for you soon!

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

It sounds like you've done everything right here. I would expect that message to go away shortly, but if it's still persisting after 24-48 hours, let me know and we'll take a look.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Coco,

Thanks for your reply. It's been almost 48 hours now and nothing really changed, the feed status summary gives this warning:

Item uploaded through multiple feeds (5957 warnings)
The item was previously uploaded using a different feed. Please make sure to use the same feed for all uploads of a given item.

Under feed details it says the following, so that means that it did recognize the tab-delimited feed:
Detected delimiter: Tab (\t)
Detected file format: Text

However, when I check the products tab the product titles and descriptions are still between brackets, and the feed source all point to the second feed (which I deleted almost 48 hours ago).

Let me know if you think I should be patient or if re-uploading the tab-delimited feed is a good idea.

Thank you in advance!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick K
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Nick,

I've escalated your issue to our support team to have a look. You might want to give our support team a call or chat with them this afternoon: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

If it's been 48h and you're still not seeing it processing, it might make sense to try re-uploading the tab-delimited feed. Hopefully we can get this sorted for you soon!