AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Comma-Separated and Duplicate Feed Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I made the rookie mistake of uploading my feed as a Comma-Delimited Text file into Google Merchant Center.

As a result the product titles and descriptions showed up between quotation marks in Google Shopping...

The second mistake I made was uploading a second feed as Tab Delimited Text file, in stead of overwriting the active feed I already had. I wanted to delete the previous (comma-delimited feed) once the tab-delimited feed was indexed and active.

When I noticed the error Item uploaded through multiple feeds I deleted the second (tab-delimited) feed and uploaded the tab-delimited feed in the first feed I created.

Now I still get the error Item uploaded through multiple feeds in the first feed, and the products show the second feed (that I deleted) as source feed, but all the product titles and descriptions are still listed with quoatation marks...

Will this error eventually go away since I deleted the second feed, and will it just take a couple days for Google to index the correct feed or do I need to do something to make sure the right information gets indexed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick K
September 2015

Re: Comma-Separated and Duplicate Feed Issues

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Nick,

I've escalated your issue to our support team to have a look. You might want to give our support team a call or chat with them this afternoon: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

If it's been 48h and you're still not seeing it processing, it might make sense to try re-uploading the tab-delimited feed. Hopefully we can get this sorted for you soon!

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

It sounds like you've done everything right here. I would expect that message to go away shortly, but if it's still persisting after 24-48 hours, let me know and we'll take a look.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Coco,

Thanks for your reply. It's been almost 48 hours now and nothing really changed, the feed status summary gives this warning:

Item uploaded through multiple feeds (5957 warnings)
The item was previously uploaded using a different feed. Please make sure to use the same feed for all uploads of a given item.

Under feed details it says the following, so that means that it did recognize the tab-delimited feed:
Detected delimiter: Tab (\t)
Detected file format: Text

However, when I check the products tab the product titles and descriptions are still between brackets, and the feed source all point to the second feed (which I deleted almost 48 hours ago).

Let me know if you think I should be patient or if re-uploading the tab-delimited feed is a good idea.

Thank you in advance!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick K
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Nick,

I've escalated your issue to our support team to have a look. You might want to give our support team a call or chat with them this afternoon: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

If it's been 48h and you're still not seeing it processing, it might make sense to try re-uploading the tab-delimited feed. Hopefully we can get this sorted for you soon!