AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Click share VS CTR

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I would really appreciate if someone could help me to understand better the "Click Share" metric and how it differs from CTR.

CTR is simple: total clicks / total impressions. So what is Click Share telling me if it is not this? I have already gone through the corresponding page in Google but it does not help me much, since it states "divided by the total amount of clicks your ads could have received", adding that this is influenced by a series of factors.

For me this is not clear enough in order to understand clearly the difference from CTR, and what Click Share can tell me about my competition. Therefore I would appreciate very much if someone can throw in some light Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Click share VS CTR

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

CTR is based of your actual data. As you already have expressed the understanding, I will not explain it.

While click share is the potential extra traffic you can get if you rank better or bid better. So to gain more clicks, what you need to do is get your ranking higher and bid better.

Your two vs questions, are actually completely different and has they have nothing to do with each other.

Like impression share and click share, it simply means if work hard on your ranking and bid better you could potentially gain more traffic.

The article below explains what it is.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6299696?hl=en

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Click share VS CTR

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Honestly, I would ignore this metric for two reasons:

• This metric reserved only to shopping campaigns;
  • Google does not disclose how it calculates the number of clicks the ad  could have received.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Click share VS CTR

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My understanding of click share is:  Of the total number of clicks that happened while your ad was in the ad auction, the percentage of clicks that your ad received.  

Click share does not count impressions where no ad was clicked for any offer.

Click share VS CTR

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you Moshe

Click share VS CTR

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you Curtis