AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Changes in Data feed of PLA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have uploaded a data feed in my Merchant Account, However I want to make changes in my existing feed (i.e. I want to change my prices). Is there a way to make changes in Existing Feed, rather making a new one. When I am Making a new Data feed its given the error that Same Item No. is used in previous upload. (The item was previously uploaded using a different feed. Please make sure to use the same feed for all uploads of a given item). I want to know if the new feed is Uploaded even with the above mentioned Warning. And IS there a way to change the prices of existing (old) data feed.?

Re: Changes in Data feed of PLA

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Jawwad

Your datafeed should always remain with you, as this needs to be uploaded at least every 30 days, otherwise your feed will expire.

You can download your feed from your Google Merchant Center dashboard

To Do So

Login to your Google Merchant Center account

Select Data Feeds from the left hand menu

Click the relevant feed name

You will then see a download feed button on the right hand side (half way approx down the screen)

This will give you access to your datafeed once more, this will be the exact feed you uploaded.

When you wish to update any data within the feed itself, you must upload the feed registered in your account, for example, datafeed1.txt (registered feed name) any further uploads must remain with this name. Do not create another feed at any point that holds the same items or a different item with the same ID, this will overwrite any existing item with this ID.

So, if you wish to update your prices and you do not have a copy of the feed you uploaded, then follow as I suggest above, download the feed, make the changes and then upload that exact feed once more, remember and keep a copy with you on your local machine and upload again within 30 days to avoid expiration or sooner if any changes occur to its contents.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.