AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Catch-all brand name for no brand products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I've been having some issues with our smaller, no name products on our store. A large amount of products we carry are small electronic components and lights that have no brand. The products are new and are given both a GTIN and MPN. According to Google Merchant Center support

For any items with ‘new’ condition and GTINs assigned by the manufacturer, submit unique product identifiers using these attributes:

• ‘gtin’ required
  • ‘brand’ required
  • ‘mpn’ recommended

My question is: can I create a catch-all brand name such as, "Company Name - Off-brand," or something similar for our assortment of no brand products? If not, how do I handle this situation? Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Catch-all brand name for no brand products

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Anthony,

Are their other merchants selling the same products? If so, consider copying the brand they are using. My guess is that Google looks for a consensus.