AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Carrier-calculated rates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

FedEx has an online tool to figure out the 'applicable weight' equivalent for a given dimensional weight.  If I have the 'applicable weight' already calculated from the FedEx.com tool, can I simply use it in the shipping weight attribute of the data feed and forgo the shipping length, width and height attribute, although dimensional weight applies to the current particular product?  

In other words, if I were to enter the actual shipping weight plus the shipping length, width and height in the data feed, is Google doing the same calculations to arrive at the applicable shipping weight (from the dimensional weight) for the FedEx shipping cost? 

Thanks,

- Francis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Carrier-calculated rates

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
When FedEx is selected in Google Merchant they calculate the cost from FedEx API, meaning that if you base the shipping price in Google Merchant for FedEx based on weight than it will be the same. All shipping dimensions and weight must be supplied in the data feed to get the most accurate pricing.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Carrier-calculated rates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where in Merchant center can I select a particular carrier rate?

Carrier-calculated rates

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Shipping

A detailed explanation is available here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6069284?hl=en

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’