AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot filter product feeds per campaign with custom labels for Dynamic Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Hope you can help me on the following:

With setting up Dynamic Remarketing, we want to create campaigns per currency. We have 3 product feeds (one per currency) but I'm not able to filter on currency in the campaign settings in Adwords. This is what we did;

Dynamic Ad Settings > Product Filter > Create Custom Label > Labels: "gbp" 

This is what is in the product feed itself:

<g:adwords_labels>GBP</g:adwords_labels>

And I also tried the following:
<g:custom_label_2>GBP</g:custom_label_2>

The dynamic ads still displays a mix of all currencies and it looks like this filter is ignored. Why is this not working? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cannot filter product feeds per campaign with custom labels for Dynamic Remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Your first option is correct, you might have not waited long enough for the data to populate. When you have created the adwords_labels make sure to wait at least 24 hours before trying to target them.

More info : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6069387?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. Tried that earlier, without success. I also read that the Adword Label attribute only works with "with cost-per-click (CPC) and TrueView Shopping campaigns" so I changed that in my campaign settings. Still no result.

Just to double check: my ad preview should show the correct currencies, right? Or isn't that the right place to validate that this is working?  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ad preview shows results only for Web Search, this is text and shopping.

As far as I know you can not preview display ads for dynamic remarketing. Display ads are ads on 3rd party websites. Maybe someone else knows of a way.

However you should be able to identify the results from your reports and or analytic reports

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’