AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot download .html file to verify website ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to verify the ownership of my site, but when I click on the HTML link to download it, nothing happens. It simply wot download. The options I see upon right clicking on it lead me to believe that for some reason it isnt even acting like a link. Anyone know a solution to this, or is this simply a temporary Google glitch? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Celebird (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Cannot download .html file to verify website ownership

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Shannon,

The site verification process is through Google Webmaster Tools/ Google search Console, while it is relevant to adwords in part, you may get better results by asking the question here:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/webmasters/webmaster-tools

as that help forum is more specific to the topic at hand, and deal with these things daily as the people here many only deal with it once in a blue more or rarely.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Celebird (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Shannon,

The site verification process is through Google Webmaster Tools/ Google search Console, while it is relevant to adwords in part, you may get better results by asking the question here:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/webmasters/webmaster-tools

as that help forum is more specific to the topic at hand, and deal with these things daily as the people here many only deal with it once in a blue more or rarely.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
You can copy the file name of the verifcation file on the page.

For example google70146asdw1c3509d.html

Create a html file with that name and than paste inside of it the following code

google-site-verification: google70146asdw1c3509d.html

Please replace the filename after colon with your own.

Hope this helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’