AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot create product filter based on category in new shopping campaigns

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The title says it all. When creating (or configuring) a new shopping campaign, the custom filter does not show the option to filter products by category.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeroen F
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It turns out product filtering based on category for a shopping campaign is not available in all countries. The target country of my campaign was Belgium, where that feature is not available, as described on the support pages:

> You can only subdivide by category when you target these countries: the US, the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Japan, Italy, the Netherlands, Brazil, Norway, Sweden, and Turkey.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Make sure that your products have been approved in Google Merchant, you can check this by going to Google Merchant > Products Lists

If they are in there, make sure you have assigned the category attribute

Also check you have linked Google Merchant to Adwords by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right corner and choose account linking. Make sure adwords is connected.

If you have multiple merchant accounts, when you create a Shopping campaign in Adwords, make sure you selected the correct account.

If non of this was helpful, I recommend contacting adwords

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785?visit_id=1-636171486052461510-3186988252&hl=en&rd=...

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeroen F
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It turns out product filtering based on category for a shopping campaign is not available in all countries. The target country of my campaign was Belgium, where that feature is not available, as described on the support pages:

> You can only subdivide by category when you target these countries: the US, the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Japan, Italy, the Netherlands, Brazil, Norway, Sweden, and Turkey.