AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Link AdWords to Merchant Center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cannot Link AdWords to Merchant Center: Under the Link Account The blue round button does not show up to add the AdWords account in my merchant center. A red box opens and says "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." I have tired 100 times. The blue button does show up on DoubleClick tab. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, MSN & Incognito. I have cleared the cache and history. I have called AdWords support, they see the blue button but do not know why I do not see it. Any Ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Atkinson Toyota O,

Make sure you are not using any browser extensions like AdBlock, UBlock, etc.. then, make sure Google Chrome is updated. Log out, clear cache, then visit Merchant Center and log back in. 

Next...

1. In your Merchant Center account, click Settings, then AdWords.
  2. Enter your AdWords Customer ID (CID). You can find your CID at the top of your AdWords account when you're signed in.
  3. Click Add.

What happens now? 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thanks for the note...

I made sure Chrome was updated, it was, I cleared all cache and history and disabled an add on. Still exact same problem, no blue button to add the AdWords account, still has the red box that pops up and says "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just tried it again in a Chrome Incognito window same problem, no blue button and the red Opps box

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Atkinson Toyota O,

Sorry to hear. 

What type of network are you on? Are you able to go to another computer on a different network and try again?

Further, do you have anti-virus and/or firewall software installed? 

Just trying to think this through for you. Seems that it is not your Merchant account that we need to troubleshoot, but your network connection or computer itself. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Please contact Google Adwords, community members have no access to your account and will most likely not be able to fix your issue.

A google adwords representative will be able to help you.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

When a red banner appears, it means Google has some issues and you will most likely be able to do what you want to do the following day, however I still recommend contacting Google.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’