AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Can we Google Shopping Ads for Vaporizers ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can we Google Shopping Ads for Vaporizers with the right Feed Specificatios ?? Or Alcohol for that matter?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sushil C
September 2015

Re: Can we Google Shopping Ads for Vaporizers ?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Sushil,

I am guessing you are trying to run a shopping campaign in India for a Vaporizer. If yes, you may have to get your product specifically white listed by a Google Rep as a product that can be advertised. Google India has a strict policy against both medicinal based or alcohol based products and does not allow promotion of alcohol in any manner for sure.

However, if you can somehow provide proof that your vaporizer based product is not an OTA or prescription drug sold in India you may just be allowed to run the campaign. Also, just to give you a heads up, the Google India policy team uses a US based database to check for your product classification ( since India doesn't really have a database of categories of medicines), so if your product is classified as an OTA or a prescription drug in the US, they may very well not allow you to run the campaign.

I have personally faced this problem where we had to prove to the policy team that our product is not an OTA or a prescription drug but in the end we were not allowed to run any campaign on any of the Google advertising platforms ( AdWords or YouTube).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

generally, both are not allowed.

however, depending on the (registered feed's) target-country,
the exact type of item, the adult settings within the account
and within the feed, the exact context and manner in which
the item is submitted in the feed and displayed on the site,

and other details of the site, both items may be submitted --

i.e. with restrictions.

google is the final arbiter of the physical item, feed, and website.

details are currently here:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2731539

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sushil C
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Sushil,

I am guessing you are trying to run a shopping campaign in India for a Vaporizer. If yes, you may have to get your product specifically white listed by a Google Rep as a product that can be advertised. Google India has a strict policy against both medicinal based or alcohol based products and does not allow promotion of alcohol in any manner for sure.

However, if you can somehow provide proof that your vaporizer based product is not an OTA or prescription drug sold in India you may just be allowed to run the campaign. Also, just to give you a heads up, the Google India policy team uses a US based database to check for your product classification ( since India doesn't really have a database of categories of medicines), so if your product is classified as an OTA or a prescription drug in the US, they may very well not allow you to run the campaign.

I have personally faced this problem where we had to prove to the policy team that our product is not an OTA or a prescription drug but in the end we were not allowed to run any campaign on any of the Google advertising platforms ( AdWords or YouTube).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"