AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Can google shopping campaign product group structure be unbalanced?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When building the product group (PG) structure in google shopping campaigns, we can set up to 7 levels. I know for each level, we must use the same product feed, such as Brand. I am curious about if it is possible to build an unbalanced PG structure like following, where the first level is Brand, and the second level is Category_L1,  but only the Brand A is divided into different categories.

"

All Products -> Brand = A -> Category_L1

-> Brand = B

"

Thanks very much!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yuan Y
September

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

1) I would not know, I can not see your subdivision structures.

2) Yes

3) Yes

I recommend you try it out, you will learn allot by testing what is possible.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes you can.

You can mix and match any subdivision type as long as there are products inside the logic of the subdivision.

Hope it helps

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much! Just want to make sure I understand correctly. I list few questions.

1. When at a certain level, I can divide some PGs to next level but leave others as the "Biddable" Units?

2. Then if there are multiple PGs divided into next level, they must be divided by the same product feed?

3. If I divide two PGs to next level using "Brand" and both PGs have three brands: A, B, C. Can I divide one PG to "Brand = A" and "Everything Else", and another PG to "Brand = B" and "Everything Else"? If the answer is yes, my understanding is that we can divided each PG separately but using same product feed.

Hope I make the questions clear enough. Thank you very much!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yuan Y
September

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

1) I would not know, I can not see your subdivision structures.

2) Yes

3) Yes

I recommend you try it out, you will learn allot by testing what is possible.

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't have product data prepared so I cannot try the google shopping yet. I am now trying to understand the whole process of shopping campaign. Sorry to bother you again, but I just came up with another question. I know there are categories, product types and custom labels which we can use to divide the product groups and these features can have multiple levels. For example, for categories, there are category level 1,category level 2 and so on. I am curious about if I set the first layer using category level 2, can I use category level 1 in next layer? Is there any constraint about the order? The same questions for product types and custom labels.

Thank you very much!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

No, you can not go up the hierarchy only down.

But you can choose second level of custom labels than choose the category or product type from there that matches the custom label. But you can not choose mid product type or category.

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see. How about the custom labels? Can I divide by custom label 2 first then custom label 1? For categories and product types, I feel there is an order, but for custom labels, I feel there should be no constraints.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Yes you can.

I recommend you start setting up your data feed and campaign so you can test what is possible.

Also read up on Google's documentation https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6275317

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, you are right. Thank you very much!