AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use google merchant shopping without my site being ecommerce?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My google account has been suspended as there are 'NO ONLINE PURCHASING MEANS'.  Does this mean I cannot use google merchant services?  We have a secure on line payment method once we have issued a invoice?  I can't see where I can change anything relating to this in the settings.

Thanks

Alex

Re: Can I use google merchant shopping without my site being ecommerce

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi @Alex B

In cases of suspension, simply due to the nature and the lack of availability of account access and sensitive date needing to be available, it is best to work directly with Google on this matter, have you spoken to them? 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

How does a user purchase from you in order to receive an invoice?

Policy regarding payments can be found here - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2704164?hl=en

• Your websites must provide a way for any user in the target country to purchase the product through an online payment service, directly from the website or through other alternative payment methods such as cash on delivery, invoicing or payment upon collection. Any user means all legitimate online shoppers that access your websites from Google Shopping.

Tom

Re: Can I use google merchant shopping without my site being ecommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom, thank you for your response. Users would need to contact us via email or phone for us to send them an online invoice which has a secure online payment button. I've contacted google as you suggested as can't see a clear answer on their policy page. I'm just not sure if this payment method is sufficient? Thank you for responding. Its appreciated. Alex