AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use different title for products than Website in my Automated magento driven Shopping feeds.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to add high performing search terms in my Automated (Magento) shopping feeds Titles. But dont want to change the website product titles. Is it possible? Any disadvantage is performing this practice.

Also how is it done? please help.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nidhi S
June 2016

Re: Can I use different title for products than Website in my Automated magento driven Shopping feed

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 13
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@nidhi s

First login into your magento store and add one extra column with title "Optimized Title" and add updated titles for some products (on test basis. Once we have confirm with these products, we will update for all products.)

Now, generate feed and upload to the merchant centre. . .now go to Feeds >> Feed Rules and make changes as described below.

MErchants.png

By making this change, value of Title will be replaced by the Optimized Title.

If you still have query, let us setup skype discussion.

Regards,

Nilesh

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

Re: Can I use different title for products than Website in my Automated magento driven Shopping feed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nidhi,

You can surely use different title for the feed and for the website product Title. I have worked many projects for the CMS was magento and used different plugins for the data feed creation and none of them are providing provision to change the product Title.

If you still want to update title, you have to download feed from your magento store, need to update Title and again have to upload to your merchant centre. It is really vert time consuming process. You can sure use it if your product will not be updated regularly. You can update title for one time and use excel formulas to update product title.

Please let me know if you still confuse or needed help for excel formula which will save your time.

Regards,
Chintan

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello.

You'll need to get someone who is skilled in Magento and add the product titles in a Magento product attribute. Once they are there, you'll have to use them in order to generate the feed instead of the product titles.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I have also tried to use different title for the website and feed for magento store and I think you can do it via feed rule. You just need to spend one time to update title and use the same in automatic in future.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

apart from any technical issues, the submitted data
must be essentially identical to the landing-page --
or is otherwise a policy violation and grounds for a
disapproval; generally, google allows only very slight
differences between submitted data and the site.

google may disapprove an item or suspend a site, at any time.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
@Celebird again I'm going to have to disagree with you here, the policy does not state that it has to be essentially identical; while that interpretation can certainly be taken from there due to the lack of clarity in the policy, it has been demonstrated countless times in the real world that Google's interpretation of that policy and more importantly the way they enforce it allows for variation in the titles. The titles still need to be describing the same product and should share key descriptors, but a significant amount of variation and creativity is allowed.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

google may disapprove an item at any time --
the length of time an item has been active
has no impact on policy.

as an aside, as google updates their policy-violation algorithms,

many disapprovals become automatic, sometimes permanent --

or rather, with little human intervention to affect the outcome.

"a user should end up on a landing page that works properly and displays a product offer that is essentially identical to the product listing you submitted to Google in your product data" --
https://support.google.com/merchants/#topic=3404778

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

My advice is to ensure the title describes the product in a similar way as that of the website.

Saying that you have to be identical would be a very unwise suggestions. There are a ton of reasons why changing the title is required.

Website has, promotions, sexual connotation, keywords that suggest weapons, capital letters, special characters and many more. Where all of these are policy violations these keywords or characters need to be removed.

For example the following title : Thule Dynamic 800 Sport *Free Bag*

Changing it to : Thule Dynamic 800 Sport

Or even to : Thule Dynamic 800 Sport Roof Box

Does not change that you are still correctly describing the product.

But changing it for example to : Thule Dynamic 600 Sport

This is a violation, because you are pretending to be something else

There is a huge amount of misconceptions of what can and what not. The policy does not say the product data has to be identical, it says essentially identical. These two are completely different. If you research the word essentially you will notice that it is not the same as what some members think it means or portray the meaning.

Essentially is used for saying that something is mostly true, but not completely true

I definitely don't want to have a thread with back and forth posts, but hope that my perspective and accuracy on the policy might have a better answer to the debate.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chintan
Even If I update it once , but my feeds are updated by magento daily .It will overwrite the titles again as per website. What excel formulas for feed can be used ? please explain . Also is there any way where i can change the fed tiltes once and the whole feed gets updated regularly as usual except for the title. (title can be handled manually)

Reagrds,
Nidhi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nilesh

How can I use feed rule to get such results(different titles in feed and website) Also my feeds are updated daily . I hope feed rule does not overwrite changes made in titles.
Please explain how to do it?

Thanks,
Nidhi