AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use Google Merchant Center set up in France for Belgium?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I have one Google Merchant Center Set up for France.  I linked the French Merchant Center to the French Adwords Account.  It is working fine.

I also have a Belgium Adwords Account.  I linked it with the French Merchant Center.  The system has allowed to do so.

I have created a Shooping Campaign in the Belgium Adwords Account using the Data Feed from the French Merchant Center.

It is showing impressions but it is having such an insignificant traffic that I am starting to thing that something is not right.

Can I used a Merchant Center set up in France in Belgium?  If yes, what might the reason for such a low traffic?

Many thanks in advance for the help,

Santiago

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You need to create two data feeds, one targeting France, one targeting Belgium.

If you use the french targeting data feed in Belgium it will target people whom are located in France. Not Belgium.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much for the help Emmanuel.

Your answer brings me to another question.  How about Ireland?  I mean, there is northern Ireland (UK) and Ireland (Republic of Ireland).  Would I have to create 2 different Feeds for targeting Ireland? or Northern Ireland will go altogether with UK?

Many thanks in advance for the help,

Santiago

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes

Northern Ireland is part of the UK and uses GBP

Ireland will have its on data feed and uses Euro

You can also use Google Merchant currency conversion which will simplify allot, however do not expect the same results as a dedicated data feed.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much for your answer.  It is of great help. :-)

Best Regards,

Santiago

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi again,

Thanks a lot for you patience and quick response.  It is always of great help. :-)

I would have one more question that arose in my mind today.  Can I use the same domain for both Product Feeds?

Example: www.this-is-my-website.com

And create from there a Feed for France and a Feed for Belgium?

The website is in French and prices are in Euros. We use Magento and, though I am not the one uploading the Feed, I think that it is done by taking the data directly from the website quite automatically.  We sell in 4 countries with French Language (France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland).  So, the same product ID is being use for these 4 different markets.

Would I have to create different Product IDs for each Product Feed or can I use the same Product ID for all markets/countries?

Example:

ID for France: 12345

ID for Belgium: 12345

As Switzerland does not use euros, what would be the work-around if I want to make it work there?  Would I have to create a website specifically for Switzerland and its own currency? or there is any way I can use the website I am using for French Language?

Many thanks in advance for your tremendous help.  It is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Santiago

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

You can use the same id's in different countries without issues.

The target country, feed and landing page most all have the correct currency and language.

So for switzerland, you will need to change the currency in the data feed and landing page to CHF.

The work around is to use Google Merchant currency conversion.

To learn more which country accepts what : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160637?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Hope it helps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much for all the information given.  It is of great value.

My best regards,

Santiago

Re: Can I use Google Merchant Center set up in France for Belgium?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi again,

As you have kindly suggested, it has been uploaded an specific Feed for Belgium yesterday.  Feed seems to be OK as there are no errors.

I then went to Products -> List and I see on the "Shopping" column what appears to be an "Hour Glass".  May you be so kind to share with me what that means?

Merchant Center.png

I tried to create a Google Shopping campaign at the Belgium Adwords Account but system does not recognize the Feed yet.  May that symbol means that I have to wait before I can create those Shopping Campaigns?

As always, thank you very much for your help,

Santiago

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Santiago C
May

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Pending review

Hope it helps