AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Priority In shopping campaigns?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can someone please explain me the use of campaign priority in shopping campaigns?

Thanks,

Richa

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Priority In shopping campaigns?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richa,

Campaign Priority determines which products you want to get displayed from in case you have multiple Shopping campaigns running with similar products. In that case the deciding factor will not be bid, but the campaign priority if you set it to High. So if you have Campaign 1 with Product 1 and Priority High AND campaign 2 with product 1 with campaign priority Low, then chances are that PLA will be triggered from Campaign 1.

More details can be found here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455481?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the reply. I am new to shopping campaigns. Can you please tell me the advantage of creating different campaigns for the same product.

Richa

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Although I haven't tried advertising similar product across different campaigns if we talk about PLAs, but one advantage could be that if want to try some seasonal offers on one product and want to measure the effectiveness of how the product performs with and without offer.

Also, you might create different campaigns for different countries and optimize the products that work well for one country and different product for another country.

Few of my thoughts!

Pankaj