AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Calculated values (formula fields) from Google Sheet fields not available in Data Studio Connection

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All - It seems as though Data Studio does not support connecting to and displaying Google Sheet fields that are based on formulas.  All other columns and field values are available except those driven off of formulas.

Is this a bug?  Not available as functionality?  Or might I be doing something wrong?  

It seems like a workaround would be to export and connect to values in another data source but this would add additional steps as the sheet is updated on a regular basis.  

Thanks in advance!

Tony

1 Expert replyverified_user

Calculated values (formula fields) from Google Sheet fields not available in Data Studio Connection

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tony V,

Data Studio is a new product that is still in development so some things are limited at the moment. You can open Data Studio and click on Feedback in the menu and keep sending in your wants & wishes. This will help us all get more features.

Data Studio is based off the more robust Data Studio 360, which is the paid version and comes with more features.

And Data Studio can accept more complex data sources that can be pulled into BigQuery and crunched for Data Studio uses. 

Kind Regards,

James