AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

CPC cost of competing with ebay's shopping ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I developed a new product and a supporting web site and had no competition for 3 years.  But recently two eBay sellers saw the success and each have a competing eBay listing.  My web site has always dominated Google search, but now two Google Shopping ads sponsored by eBay appear above my search results. 

I am new to Google Shopping and have two questions.

First Question:

I have 4 honest variants of my north American product each with their own landing page.  If eBay and I are competing for the top 5 ad positions at the top of a search page, and I have 4 ads, what is going to happen to the CPC ?    Until now, there were only 2 ads (ebay) in the entire product category, now there will be 4 of mine and 2 of eBay's.  Is that going to push CPC from very cheap to an expensive auction between me and eBay ?   Will CPC immediately rise to the lower advertiser's maximum CPC setting ?

Second Question:

With my first two ads (that have only existed for 1 day)  its seams Google search only looks at the title and ignores the description.  My description has key words (phrases) that are very successful for search results on the web site but nothing for presenting the ad.   Any comment about this ?

Thank You

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

1) Bidding is based on allot of factors, one of them being ranking. Predicting how much is going to cost is very hard to nearly impossible. Especially because the landscape shifts so quickly.

However regardless of how much it's going to shift, it will drive up the cost. But you can still bit cheaper than the competitor if you improve your ranking.

2) Currently keyword matches are extracted from the title, not from anything else.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: CPC cost of competing with ebay's shopping ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You.   Is "ranking" associated with the factors that go into Google search ?   I mentioned the name of my product category and products are always the first Google search results.  I have no real competition for position in the ads and it obvious that my ads already dominate the top ad positions.   is that a significant part of ranking or is it more related to click through ?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Ranking is related to allot of things, I recommend reading lots of different articles to get yourself educated. Nobody knows everything and thus reading articles will help you know what needs to be done. Make sure that you read more than 1 article about the same topic, as there is always a little detail that one article might cover while another does not.

Ranking is associated to data feed, landing page and your bid ranking.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’