AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Uploading New Google Shopping Campaign Product Groups?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Have any of you managed to bulk create a new Google Shopping Campaign using either Adwords editor the bulk upload tool?

I'm getting errors every time I try.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bulk Uploading New Google Shopping Campaign Product Groups?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi David,

Is this the Bulk Upload tool in AdWords Editor? If you are getting errors, have you followed the below steps?

1. Locate your spreadsheet in the Bulk operations table.
  2. In the row with your report, click Download > Errors only or click Details to look at the errors within your account.
  3. In the Results column on the spreadsheet – or the Status column if you’re looking at errors in your account – find the issue with each row, then fix that issue.
  4. Save the file then upload it in the Bulk Operations area.

If you have done this and are still having issues, let me know.

Kathleen

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,

I'm looking to CREATE new product groups. I'm using the same format that's in editor/the interface bulk download.

I'm getting the impression that you can't actually CREATE new product groups within editor.

Is that correct? Or am I just doing the format wrong somehow?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi David,

AdWords Editor cannot cannot create new Shopping campaigns or create new Ad Groups in Shopping campaigns. You'll need to create these in the AdWords front end.

Kathleen

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
AdWords Editor can't create new product groups, whether individually or in bulk. It can only modify bids and destination URLs of existing groups.

The online interface provides a limited bulk editing mechanism. Specifically, in Subdivide By dialog, there's a "bulk add values manually" link at the bottom left. Clicking on it gives you an edit box into which you can paste values you want to subdivide by, one per line (the drop-down at the top determines what those values mean; e.g. item IDs or brand names).

To my knowledge, this is the extent of bulk editing support offered for shopping campaigns.