AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Bug Report: Shipping Settings have Disappeared and are not Editable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been communicating back-and-forth with AdWords support for a full week now, and want to report to the community what I"m experiencing while Google continues to troubleshoot the issue with their platform.

After some user interface changes occurred, I have noticed that our Carrier Rate settings are not showing up and are therefore not editable.  Further, we cannot create new ones to replace the ones that we cannot edit (when we type in the relevant info, the form hides but nothing changes on the screen).

Even after clearing cookies and force-refreshing the browser cache to download new front-end assets, nothing has changed.  We keep getting the red error box "We can't complete your request right now. Please reload this page to try again", and the javascript error/exception:

[TAX_SHIPPING] 2017-12-21 14:21:20.591 SEVERE 0 commerce.minerva.frontend.apps.infra.exceptions.exception_handler Uncaught exception: NullError: method not found: 'a' on null
TypeError: Cannot read property 'a' of undefined

I have attached screenshots showing:

- add Chrome extensions are disabled

- the list of cookies that I cleared

- trying the same thing in incognito mode

Other things I have tried to do to fix the problem:

- try another browser (Safari)

- asked a co-worker to try on their computer

None of these actions resulted in correct operation of the Edit Shipping Rate page, though.

Google has confirmed that the Carrier Rate Settings are still showing up on their back-end, but we're still not able to use Google Merchant Center's carrier rates, so I'm asking Google to keep looking into the problem, and have offered to do a screen share with them.

If others have had a similar experience, or have been in communication with Google about it, I'd love to know about it!

thanks,

--Chris Baker

browser-extensions-1-Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.25.42 AM.pngbrowser-extensions-2-Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.25.50 AM.pngbrowser-extensions-3-Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.25.58 AM.pngbrowser-extensions-4-Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.26.05 AM.pngbrowser-extensions-5-Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.26.12 AM.pngcookies-cleared-Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.25.17 AM.pngdeveloper-console-error-message-Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.26.52 AM.pngincognity-mode-error-message-still-appears-Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.53.24 AM.png

Bug Report: Shipping Settings have Disappeared and are not Editable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've heard back from AdWords support, who said that this issue is a technical error on their end.

The quickest solution, they said, is to delete the existing shipping rates that are giving you errors and create new ones.

I hope that this helps anybody who is unable to edit their existing Carrier Shipping Rates.  Of course you should contact the AdWords support team whenever you have problems that you can't solve!